Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Recess" week

In a week that other students rest and chill, we have to work endlessly to finish assignment 3. Especially for front end part, we need to add lots of features and bugs are everywhere. We also need to create map tiles of comp2. We actually push the latest code and reports in the very last moment of the deadline 23:59 (it's awesome). In the back-end, I've learnt to use Sequelize instead of raw MySQL query. 

I think I feed my best idea for assignment 3 (the NUS map) so I need to figure out another idea for final project. I now comeback to an idea I did brainstorm at the very beginning of semester (assignment 1). It is a singing matchmaking app where one person sings some lyrics and another one fill in the other part. This process can be real-time (2 ppl sing together) or 1 person record his part and archived it, where the other fill in the song. However, that idea is infeasible in assignment 1 due to a short amount of time, and It will be complicated to build an audio streaming app. Luckily, final project has a longer timeline and all of my teammates are better than 7 weeks ago so I think we can do this. This is not finalized yet, but I think this is a nice idea and it has the potential to become a first prize contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment